The Lemon Grove Historical Society (LGHS) seeks to preserve Lemon Grove’s history, understand it’s past, inspire people today and prepare for tomorrow. The Parsonage Museum of Lemon Grove, housed in the town’s former first church, helps us to fulfill this mission by telling the civic story in two floors of colorful, informative exhibits. The H. Lee House, a town landmark, is “the people’s house” and the home of our precious archives. Both buildings are excellent examples of adaptive reuse.
The Society saved, operates and maintains the 1897 Folk Victorian Parsonage Museum and the 1928 Tudor Revival H. Lee House. We created and maintain the Lemon Grove History Mural.
Maintenance of our two beautiful buildings is ongoing. The History Mural is monitored constantly for graffiti and the protective coatings replaced every five years.
These precious, award-winning resources are a source of great pride in our City and are its leading tourist attractions. Your generous donation to the endowment helps to safeguard and maintain all three of these historic treasures.
The Building Endowment
The Building Endowment supports the maintenance and operation of these beautiful sites. Members and friends are encouraged to make an annual donations – in addition to their membership – to preserve these sites for future generations.
To contribute to the Building Endowment please mail a check to: Lemon Grove Historical Society, P. O. Box 624, Lemon Grove, CA 91946. write “Building Endowment” on the subject line. All donations are tax-deductible and acknowledgment is promptly sent for tax purposes.